How Hybrid Working can work for you
In the on-going development of the ways we manage the pandemic, the past couple of years have presented plenty of opportunity for businesses. The return to the workplace is where employers can create new and more effective operating models that can be helpful in navigating a world that is still a bit uncertain.
Heralded “the future of work”, a hybrid working model can solve many a problem for businesses and answer many questions for an entire generation of employees such as better productivity, retaining and attracting the best talent, reducing costs, and healthier work-life balances to name a few. And, according to the Office of National Statistics (ONS), 85% of remote workers report wanting to use a hybrid approach of both home and office-based methods.
And that’s where Daisy comes in. Our hybrid working solutions are a culmination of more than 30 years’ experience as a leader in business IT and communications. During that time, we’ve helped countless workers thrive in both office and remote environments while providing reliable, secure solutions and state-of-the-art facilities across multiple locations.
What’s driving the need for hybrid working models?
- The cost of annual rail season tickets into London can range on average between £4000-£6000
- Railway daily parking charges range from £10-£25 per day on average
- The average total commute time using rail into London is now around 81 minutes per journey, over 2.5 hours a day
- According to research from the TUC, drivers spend up to 52 minutes per day on the road to work whilst bus commuters must set aside 79 minutes a day
select from the options and related solutions below.
If you would like to speak to one of our specialists, get in touch to request a callback or a free consultation.
- Remote and HomeworkingMake your enterprise data and telephony solutions seamlessly available to your homeworkers.
- Serviced Office SpaceAll the office, IT and environmental facilities you need on a dedicated basis. A fully-furnished managed office for your business to work from, 24x7x365.
- Recovery SpaceIf your teams are forced to leave their usual workplace by unforeseen events, our “on-demand” recovery facilities are there to keep your business going.
Remote and Homeworking
In order to harness the benefits of a remote workforce – whether that’s part of the time or all of the time - organisations need the right solutions and products in place to scale at the same pace as the change in needs, and ones that will provide the same “in the office” experience wherever the work is being done.
For more information on how Daisy can provide remote and homeworking technology solutions get in touch to request a callback or a free consultation.
Communications & Collaboration
Serviced Office Space
In our 2021 survey of business and technology leaders, around 1 in 4 respondents told us that they planned to downsize office space. Similarly, Work in Mind, a knowledge platform dedicated to the connection between healthy buildings and workplace well-being, predicts that 2021 will be the year of the “smaller office” with enquiries for such space soaring in the first quarter of this year.
For more information on Serviced Office and Serviced Office+ packages as well as customisable options, visit our Serviced Office page here
Unwanted IT Hardware
If it’s not already the case, every UK organisation should now be reviewing, testing and updating their business continuity and disaster recovery plans to minimise disruption to operations in both the short and long term. After all, the longer it takes to rectify an issue, the harder it is to recover. For more information on how Daisy can provide recovery space and related technology solutions get in touch to request a callback or a free consultation.
Work Area Recovery (WAR)
Business Continuity Management
Data Protection & Recovery