The endpoint is the last line of defence and the most commonly exploited device in your network. With more people working from home than ever before, endpoint security is now far more critical and challenging, with a sharp increase in threats targeting end-users.
In addition, the threats facing cloud deployments are complex and require advanced Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solutions which utilise machine learning and behavioural analysis to identify and prevent zero-day attacks.
By partnering with leading EDR providers, Daisy can deliver the most appropriate protection to meet your business requirements including proactive management by the experts within our Security Operations Centre (SOC).
What is EDR?
According to Gartner, EDR solutions record and store endpoint-system-level behaviours, use various data analytics techniques to detect suspicious system behaviour, provide contextual information, block malicious activity, and provide remediation suggestions to restore affected systems. They deliver four primary capabilities:
- Detect security incidents
- Contain the incident at the endpoint
- Investigate security incidents
- Provide remediation guidance
Four great reasons to deploy EDR
- Detect threats quicker and more accurately
- Gain greater visibility
- Reduce alert fatigue
- Decrease incident response costs
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Daisy have partnered with Microsoft to offer their Defender for Endpoint EDR solution. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is an enterprise endpoint security platform designed to help enterprises prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats. Defender for Endpoint provides advanced
threat protection that includes antivirus, antimalware, ransomware mitigation, and more, together with centralised management and reporting.
Daisy Managed Service
Daisy can provide a range of management options, from co-managed to fully managed to suit our customers. Our fully managed solutions include:
- Antivirus Compliance Management – Ensure devices are protected with the latest update signatures and configuration with a weekly review to check updates have been successfully deployed to the estate
- Vulnerability Management – Report on device compliance and vulnerable devices and react to detected vulnerabilities with a Critical or High CVSS score and propose resolutions
- Security Incident Management – Actively respond to security incidents in an automated and manual fashion to prevent, isolate, mitigate and remediate cyber attacks
- Reactive technical support, review meetings, configuration audits, and monthly reporting
- Daisy has a 25-year track record of delivering managed security services
- End-to-end expertise: securing data centre to device across cloud, connectivity and communications
- Skills and expertise: from our UK-based 24×7 Security Operations Centre (SOC)
Have you thought about…?
Vulnerability Management –
identify, categorise and prioritise the remediation or mitigation of vulnerabilities across your entire infrastructure
Microsoft 365 Management –
support, optimise and secure your Microsoft 365 environment