HP Inc. applies circular economy principles to drive progress across the product life cycle by accelerating the shift from virgin materials to recycled content, including ocean-bound and closed-loop plastics. Durable notebooks, desktops, and workstations, combined with maintenance and recovery services keep valuable materials in use for as long as possible.
HP Inc. now has more than 50 products across the range that include ocean-bound plastics, more than any other manufacturer1 and 664 energy star® certified personal systems products, again more than any other manufacturer2.
The World’s Most Sustainable PC Portfolio4
Our favourite HP products for sustainability:
The HP Elite Folio
Bringing together the best features of a phone, tablet, and PC into one device, the HP Elite Folio combines computing experiences as a laptop, tablet and media consumption device. Innovative use of sustainable materials shows prominently in the sophisticated pull-forward design. A soft folio inspired exterior made of vegan leather wraps the PC and the enclosure is made from 90% recycled magnesium by weight.
The HP Elite DragonFly
This series of notebooks provides mobility beyond expectation in an x360 touch laptop and weighs in at under 1kg. It is the world’s first notebook made with diverted ocean-bound plastic which are used in the speaker enclosure and display bezel.
The HP ZBook Firefly
This is HPs smallest and lightest ZBook ever and is made with diverted ocean bound plastics5 and recycled aluminium6.
HP Z products are ENERGY STAR® certified with highly efficient power supplies and idle management.
1. 32 Gold, 280 Silver EPEAT®-registered HP Personal Systems products in 19 countries, as of October 2019.
2. Compared to majority of competing in-class OEM ink & laser printer supply recycling programs. Criteria: size, reach, recycled content use, upcycling and eco award/ranking. HP-commissioned Aug 2020 InfoTrends research report. Market share: IDC Q2’20 Hardcopy Peripheral Tracker. Program availability varies. See hp.com/go/recycle and keypointintelligence.com/HPPlanetPartners
3. As of February 2021.
4. Applies to HP PCs, Workstations and Displays manufactured after January 2019. Based on most Gold and Silver EPEAT® registrations by meeting all required criteria and achieving 50-74% of the optional points for EPEAT® Silver and 75-100% of the optional points for EPEAT® Gold according to IEEE 1680.1-2018 EPEAT®. Status varies by country. Visit www.epeat.net for more information.
5. Speaker enclosure contains 5% ocean bound plastics by weight.
6. Uses 75% recycled Aluminium 6063 (architectural aluminium) – A Cover (lid), uses 50% recycled Aluminium 5052 (appliance aluminium) – C & D Cover (keyboard deck & Bottom).